Sinking Foundation Repair
One of the most common foundation repair issues we face is the one of foundation sinking or settlement. This happens when either the soil was not compacted properly during building or the weight of the home causes the soil to compact more than anticipated. The result of this will be noticeable either though the doors and windows sticking when opening or closing, hairline fractures at the corners of doors and windows, or long cracks running along the foundation or in basement walls. When you notice these problems it is important to contact a professional to evaluate the state of the home and determine what repair actions should be undertaken.
Repairing Sinking Foundations
When it comes to repairing a sinking or settling foundation, the best method is to install a system of foundation piers. These piers will shift the load of the home from the soil onto the piers, providing a stable base and a permanent repair to keep the home from sinking in the future. The piers are constructed of high grade steel and are designed to hold much more weight than will ever be put on them so you can rest assured knowing your home will be stabilized for good.
Pier Installation Process
- We start by digging out around the home's foundation to locate the ideal areas to place the piers.
- We will clear out small sections of footing so we can place the piers directly under the foundation, this ensures the piers are lifting in the best location.
- Bracket is attached to the footer and piers are driven into the ground. We send them all the way down to bedrock so we know the load of the home is being offset properly.
- This is repeated with each pier until they are all just at the bedrock and ready to do the final lifting of the house.
- We lift all sections of the house at the same time, making sure the entire home is leveled properly and simultaneously.
- Once level, we will secure the piers at the proper height and lock them in place.
- The soil around the house is returned to it's place and you can rest easy knowing your foundation will not be sinking again.
If you are concerned that your home is in need of foundation piering or just want to have someone come out and evaluate your home's foundation, please contact us today using the form above or on our contact page. We look forward to helping you with your home.