Expert Sinking Foundation Repair Services
One of the most common foundation repair issues that we face in Michigan is a sinking foundation, or settlement. A home’s foundation will begin to sink if either the soil was not compacted properly during the building process or the weight of the home causes the soil to compact more than anticipated.
The result of this is commonly noticed with sticking door and windows, fractured corners of doors and windows, or long cracks running along the foundation or basement walls. After detecting these problems, contact Rapid-Dri Foundation Systems for a free estimate to evaluate the state of your home and determine the proper repair procedure.
Repairing Sinking Foundations
When it comes to repairing a sinking or settling foundation, the best method is to install a system of foundation piers that will ultimately stabilize the foundation. These piers will shift the load of the home from the soil onto the piers, providing a stable base and a permanent solution to keep the home from sinking in the future.
When stabilizing a sinking foundation, our experts will offer a push pier or a helical pier. Both are designed to restore the settlement but in different ways; the helical pier is screwed into the ground and the push pier is forced in hydraulically. These high-grade steel piers are intended to hold more weight than ever put on them, so you can rest assured that your home will be stabilized for good.
Our Pier Installation Process
- Start by digging out around the home’s foundation to locate where to place the piers.
- Clear out small sections of footing for pier placement directly under the foundation, guaranteeing the piers are lifting in the best location.
- Bracket is attached to the footer and piers are driven into the ground, all the way down to bedrock, to ensure the load is being offset properly.
- This is repeated for each pier until they are ready to do the final lifting of the house.
- Lift all sections of the house at the same time, making sure the home is leveled simultaneously.
- Once level, secure the piers at the proper height and lock them into place.
- Soil is now restored and the foundation will not sink again.
Contact Us Today
For master foundation leveling, repair and installation, have one of our professionals come to your home and evaluate the structure. Contact us at (734) 895-9553 or complete our online form. Our team looks forward to helping you solve any foundation problems!